Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Vibram five fingers



Today I went out and bought Vibram five finger shoes. I've heard about these shoes from friends that run a lot. It seems like there's a lot of scientific research saying that walking/running barefoot is a lot better than wearing athletic shoes. But since you don't want to walk barefoot because of things like rocks and glass on the road, this is the next best thing. It's basically like having a rubber glove for your foot. You're supposed to ease into it slowly since your feet need a little adjustment and need to build up muscles and tendons that are put out of use with regular shoes. I plan on wearing these around the house for the next week before taking them outside. If all goes well, I plan on taking them to Shikoku with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment